Monday, April 5, 2010

Martha Rosler 2010

A few months back I was in New York at e-flux to see a panel talk about 'If You Lived Here' and Martha Rosler was there talking about her exhibition in retrospect. She discussed, half laughing/half serious how things hadn't changed much, how the attitude of the art world spoke volumes in its lack of response to gentrification in New York City alone. Unfortunately, I can't recall the whole of the discussion but I'm having e-flux mail me a copy of the talk! Hopefully it will arrive soon, in the meantime, here is the press release for the event I attended.







This events press release here.

And some reflections from the same group with some nice photos of the original 1989 exhibition. I'll share the video with anyone interested once I receive this in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment